Friday, March 21, 2014

2014-03-21 Deadlift

Warmup, Cat Camel

Deadlift -
135x5
165x5
195x5
225x5
255x5
285x5
315x3
350x5x3
I forgot my long socks and dropped my athletic tape, so today was pretty old school. I didn't sleep too well last night and felt pretty tired going in. Also, this being the morning (and me seeing Al walk in right in front of me and then make a pass through the annex) I did the first few sets on an impromptu platform and controlled the negative on rep 5 of the rest. That last one's probably good from a training effect perspective, though.
The sets were pretty hard (probably from the last few days of fatigue) but doable. I actually suspect that the stuff I do to protect my shins has a straight up ergogenic effect, which is pretty cool.

Long rests left me out of time after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment