Monday, March 17, 2014

Split Training Thoughts

I went to the Memorial Stadium gym. The benches are lower (17") and slippery, and since the racks face the mirror it's hard to concentrate properly when pressing (and probably will be for squatting). It's very light and "public" in there, too, which makes it harder for me to change gears and really get into lifting mode. I suspect that physically being in the annex adds something there, too. The Stadium also gets DQed on accessories - no tricep bar, no preacher bench, no decline.

That said, they do have a Scifit bike and better ellipticals, which expands my options for cardio. I'll need to try both out before I do any intervals, but it's looking reasonably from that angle.

Schedule-wise, I think I'm fairly set up right now - I can still bench in the stadium, and I'll make things work for deads. Squat and Press I can both do comfortably in the main room at the RSF.

The plan's currently: Wake up at 8, then main lift 10-11, accessories 1-2, and conditioning 6-7 if applicable.

Waking up at 8, we get breakfast, caffeine, creatine, and ephedrine at 8:30, lunch at noon, "dinner" at 2:30, yohimbine and baking soda at 5:30, then supper around 7:30. Ephedrine may get nixed, but if I'm doing this hardcore I may as well actually go hardcore.

For the deloads, I'm looking at reducing the weight rather than volume, knocking off the caffeine and ephedrine, and not listening to music.

Once my tax return comes in, I may add in l-citrulline 8g/day, l-carnitine l-tartrate 6g/day, alpha-gpc 600 mg/day, taurine 6g/day, and possibly beta-alanine (competes with taurine). I may also start throwing in the baking soda throughout the rest of the day, but I'm not keen on how far it'll throw off my sodium/potassium ratio.

EDIT: I'm also considering just not doing the accessory work on conditioning days, or something. To be honest, I'd most like to do accessories at 9 and main at 1 or 7 (depending on conditioning), but I'm worried about the effects on performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment