Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Updates 4 weeks out

I woke up this morning at 164. Weight loss seems to be capping off, so I'll be reducing meal sizes again. I'll start by just reducing the dressing on breakfast to 20g of olive oil and the rice to 90g each (so roughly 170kcal dropped, for ~2175)

Next steps:
1) I've got about a week left before I restock beef and chicken, and 10 days each for pork and fish.
Beef: Replace the 185g short rib with 130g top sirloin
Chicken: Reduce portion to 130g -> but bump rice back up
Pork: Start buying segments that are 100% loin only and reduce portion to 140g
Fish: Increase portion to 150g (hilarious, I know)
(~2025kcal/day)

EDIT: As some slightly greater ass-coverage, I'm going to increase the meat portions somewhat further and compensate with a drop to 10g oil for the salads.

2) If rice stayed down, drop it to 80g/meal (~1875kcal/day);

3) Remove the apple from lunch and drop rice to 70g/each (~1725kcal/day)

I doubt I'll hit #3 before the meet, in which case I'll only do it after reintegrating conditioning. If I head off to China I'll drop training to 3-4x per week and condition all 3 days to compensate for increased calories and drinking; if I stay in town I'll stick with my 4-on-5 schedule but add back the old conditioning days.

I don't have an official diagnosis on the shoulder, but I've got a strong anti-inflammatory prescribed and instructions to avoid overhead work. Benching is still fine, so I guess we're just dropping into a heavy/medium mix there. Thursday will be bench 145x5x3 (so 75% of next week's working weight) with some extensions, crossovers, and raises depending on what aggravates the shoulder and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment