Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Possible Further Split

I'm considering nixing cardio and splitting things up even further to focus more on the individual muscles (primarily because I don't feel like I'm adequately addressing a lot of things right now).

This would look something like:

Bench (5x3 Bench, drop set, Pull-Up)
Biceps (EZ Curl, Hammer Preacher Curl, Decline Curl)
Chest (Decline, DB Swiss, Crossover) <- potentially RE Bench over Decline, pending shoulder

Squat (5x3 Squat, drop set, Pull-Up)
Upper Back/Abs ("Kroc" Row, Rear Lateral, Neutral HLR ss Pallof Press)
Quads/Abductors (Trap Bar Lift, Pistol, Banded Abduction)

Press (5x3 Press, drop set, Pull-Up)
Triceps (CG Bench, JM Press, Decline NG Extension)
Shoulders (Incline, Landmine Press, Side Raise)

Deadlift (5x3 Deadlift, drop set, Pull-Up)
Upper Back/Abs (Barbell Row, Rear Lateral, Band Fallout ss Pallof Press)
Lower Back/Hamstrings (SLDL, 45-Degree Back Raise, Uni RDL)

Subject to various changes.

That being said, I'm not going to just leap into this - I'll think it over a bit and at least allow a week or so on the current iteration so my body can adapt to the already-higher volume.

This also lends itself to experimenting with ephedrine. Alternatively, I can rearrange things a bit on Mondays and Fridays and do the conditioning in the evenings (cluster the above earlier in the day). That sounds like a recipe for complete burnout, though. Honestly, this whole plan seems like a recipe for burnout; I doubt I'll actually do it, but spitballing can be amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment